Sales Director - North America
Our new Sales Director will be responsible for Tyk’s sales within North America. This is a new team, you will help recruit and build it. Your sole report will be to the Tyk Global Commercial Director.
Tyk Sales Director is a client-facing role within a cross-functional team. You will manage relationships with new and existing clients, with defined tasks and requirements to deliver.
- You will own Sales and Business Development in North America, with budgetary responsibility
- You will be responsible for forecasting and delivering monthly sales reports to the Global Commercial Director
- You will lead, manage and help grow our North American Commercial team. You will help recruit, develop and expand this team in size and capability over time. Your responsibilities will include coaching & mentoring, weekly sales meetings and annual performance reviews.
- You will be responsible for engaging with potential clients, qualifying, setting expectations for their experience with Tyk Enterprise software & support, handling ongoing account updates and inquiries from your clients, and maintaining a high rate of renewal within your portfolio.
- Partners are an important part of the Tyk landscape, you’ll be responsible for identifying new partners in target regions and maintaining relationships/driving sales through existing partners.
- You will book onsite meetings, client visits, remote video calls and introduce Tyk to new prospects, by walking them through benefits and a simple demo. You will have technical backup from consulting engineers for anything more technical than this.
- You will work with Head of Consulting to make sure that Tyk Consulting Engineers are being allocated correctly
- You will attend trade shows and conferences, as agreed with leadership, to promote Tyk to potential clients
Tyk is scaling rapidly. The company has grown from 2 to 40 people in three years. The North American commercial team is budgeted to expand over the coming months & years. You will be responsible for recruiting, managing and motivating this team. You will also be responsible for ensuring the North American team hits its targets.
The clients you will interface with range from Fortune 500 multinational media and banking brands to cutting-edge augmented reality and fintech startups. Our partnerships are with global digital agencies, System Integrators and top tier consultancies
You will work with the Global Commercial Director to develop partnerships and key accounts across the whole North American region
The successful candidate will have superb communication skills, able to handle stressful situations like a seasoned pro, constantly looking to expand their knowledge and skill set, all while working with the pre-sales and product team to deliver properly defined and scoped tasks for the short and long term client future.
You’ll join our distributed team. Onboarding will take place at Tyk’s Atlanta office. You will be tasked with supporting our pre-sales and product teams across North America and managing key accounts and engaging with new prospects in your territory. This is an inside sales role, rather than field-sales. Travel will be frequent, but for short periods.
- Strong people management experience
- Proven direct sales experience, ideally Enterprise software
- Proven leader of people, with experience motivating, mentoring and developing teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills - excellent English, written and able to present confidently. Additional languages advantageous.
- Solid digital background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful account through initial engagement, proposal, delivery and renewal
- Be able to gather and understand business requirements and work with pre-sales teams to develop a proposal that matches
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Entrepreneurial - our North American business is growing rapidly and you will be instrumental in our development of new markets, in particular with our clients and partners in the USA
Our early stage team members shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance. Everyone has unlimited paid leave.
We also offer excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, starting on Day 1.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our Atlanta office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can continue to work from the office, or choose to work flexibly from home, a cafe, a workspace, a private office, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future. As an early member of the North America team, opportunities for advancement are excellent.
Tyk also operates an employee ownership scheme. Every employee is eligible for share options once they have worked at Tyk for at least 1 year.