Mid-Level Go Developer
We’re looking for a Go Developer that can work with our engineering team to deliver the next generation of the Tyk platform, both the open-source and the closed-source applications.
You’re not alone, you’ll work with our growing team of Backend and Frontend developers, QA engineers and designers. We’re growing quickly, so you can also help us hire and expand our product team.
Last but not least, we’re big believers in internal team development, which means you can help us train the next generation of developers through our graduate program through code reviews, pair programming and mentoring. Or take advantage of the learning opportunities available through our internal programmes.
Our ideal candidate
You are independent, and take responsibility for your code craft.
Our community and our enterprise customers are the people you need to satisfy: we are fanatical about listening to our clients, and their input drives our work, so you are too.
You like to ask questions, listen and then deliver solutions.
You have strong Go skills, with 3+ years experience. Tyk is a Go project and you’ll be central to our development.
You are happy working remotely, based in a European time-zone, as part of a fully distributed team.
You are comfortable with high levels of autonomy, responsibility and communication.Essential Skills:
- Very organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience mentoring junior members of a team
- Hands on development experience with server development
- 3+ yrs of backend engineering experience in Go
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience with Redis and MongoDB
- Experience at developing web services with REST APIs
- Solid understanding of agile development methods
- Are a team player with strong client-facing skills
- Are business fluent in spoken and written English
- Want to work with Go, Docker, Kubernetes, and other new stack technologies
- Feel responsible for the quality of the products and features that you ship
- Participate in code and design reviews, teach and learn from other engineers
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build, and improve our product
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum’s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.